Saturday, August 30, 2008

Why I am Pissed right now.....




























































Well, I am pissed right now because I am sitting here at the shop on a beautiful but very hot and humid Saturday afternoon and it is over one hundred degrees and I am looking out at the dry desert. Not a speck of green or a drop of water.So I begin to daydream since no one has walked in here in the last hour. For some reason my thoughts take me to a place I visited over 8 years ago. I think it was the summer of 1998 or 1999 can't quite remeber the year right now. At the time I was living in Philadelphia and needed to get the heck out of the city. I wanted to go somewhere far far away were there no tall buildings, traffic jams and lots and lots of water.

So I headed for Martinique located in the French West Indies. I figured this would be a great place to go and I would be familia with the language and the food. Having both parents natives of Haiti and surrounding islands I grew up hearing about their visits to Martinique and family that lived there. So I figured why not. I new the trip would be long since I had recently visited the Island of Grenada, also part of the French West-Indies. I knew the flight from Philadelphia would be long. But I was really excited and three weeks later here is where my plane landed...












No comments: