Saturday, August 02, 2008
































I shouldn't be feeling home sick already since I just got back from New York last month. But I am. One of the things I miss the most about living in New York is being able to window shop all the beautiful department stores and boutiques all over Manhattan. One of my favorites is a fabulous Japanese department store that is actually more boutique like then department store. It is called Takashimaya. They have some of the most unique, beautiful and luxurious products.

While most of their products are actually way out of my budget it does not hurt to look. Right? Even if I don't usually purchase much, it is a treat to walk through their doors. Now, just to let you know, Their decor is very minimalist. It is elegant and pretty but not your typical American boutique decor. They are more modern with clean lines.

Here is a description of their store. It is a direct quote:

"To visit Takashimaya New York is to enter a world apart. A unique commingling of Eastern and Western sensibilities inspires the rare and wonderful designs and artisan-made pieces culled from around the globe. Displaying the unusual sensitivity of the Japanese towards refined craftsmanship and beautiful packaging, and the modern appreciation for functional design, shopping online transcends the usual boundaries. At Takashimaya, the world is at your fingertips.

So if you get a chance to visit NYC anytime in the near future make sure you add them to your list of places to visit. While I was in NYC last month I had every intention on making a quick trip there . Well, I waited to the last minute and totally lost track of time and got there right when they were locking up the doors. I can't even begin to tell you how devistated I was. Well, that is not going to happen again. I will be going to NYC later this month and this is on the top of my priority list. Not sure how much shopping I will be doing there, but I know for sure I am having a facial spa treatment at their on-site spa and having some relaxing tea at their tea cafe.

Pictures above are from Takashimaya's website.

No comments: