Stay At Home Spa Recipes
Botany's Desire LOVES everything chocolate. We have the largest selection of natural and organic artisinal chocolates in the area. I personally believe in the health benefits of eating pure dark chocolate daily as well as incorporating it into many natural home beauty routines. When making my beauty products I use other ingredients that compliment the benefits of dark chocolate. Some of the ingredients I use are pure virgin olive oil, mineral rich sea salt from a variety of different countries, jojoba oil, Greek yogurt, seeds, oatmeal, lemons and pure essential oils. Below you will find some nice and easy recipes from Natural Spa Living.
- ½ cup dried milk or buttermilk powder
- ¼ cup of non-sweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1/8 cup of colloidal oatmeal or ground oatmeal (Colloidal Oatmeal should be available at the grocery store if not just grind oatmeal in a good processor or blender)
- 1/8 cup of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dark chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals
- 8 oz. decorative glass or plastic jar
Mix the milk, cocoa powder, oatmeal, and baking soda together in a bowl. Place in a decorative container, then add the dried rose petals and grated chocolate shavings on top of the milk bath mixture. This recipe makes enough for two baths.
Add ½ the mixture to your bath or save for future use. When adding to the bath, you may add the mixture into a muslin “spice” bag available at grocers or an old nylon tied at one end to make for easy clean-up. However, having rose petals float in the water as you bathe is definitely decadent and part of the experience! For an extra special touch add fresh rose petals!
Revitalizing Rosemary Spritzer or Room Spray
• 5 drops of rosemary Verbenone essential oil (Rosmarinus officinalis ct. verbenone) for Facial
• or 20 drops of rosemary essential oil (Rosmarinus officinalis) for Room Spray
• 1 ½ oz. of distilled water
• ½ oz (3 tablespoons) of witch hazel
Other items needed:
• 2 oz. sterile, glass spray bottle
Give yourself a quick pick-me up anytime of day with this Revitalizing Rosemary Facial Spritzer or Room
Spray. Add the witch hazel to the bottle first, then add the rosemary essential oil. Finally, pour in the distilled
water and shake well. Shake well before each use and avoid spraying into your eyes. Don.t use rosemary
during pregnancy or if you suffer from high blood pressure or epilepsy.
Invigorating Citrus Body Smoother
• 1/2 cup of fine sea salt
• 3 ounces + 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
• 5 drops of sweet orange essential oil
• 3 drops of bergamot essential oil
• 2 drops of spearmint essential oil
• 1 drop of rosemary essential oil
• Optional: 1 vitamin E gel capsule
Exfoliate dry winter skin, increase circulation, and lift your mood with this invigorating body smoother. Blend
sea salt and sweet almond oil in a bowl and then add in the essential oils. Break open and add a Vitamin E gel
capsule to the mixture to act as a natural antioxidant. Blend well. In the shower, use a circular motion to apply
the body smoother working from the feet upwards and the extremities inwards towards your heart. Don.t use
soap afterwards. Rinse off and pat your skin dry to retain the moisturizing benefits of the oil. Be careful as the
shower floor will be slippery from the oil. Store leftovers in a glass jar. Note: It.s best not to shave your legs
directly prior to using a salt-based scrub.
© Natural Spa Living, Inc. 2008. All rights reserved.