Monday, June 15, 2009



Still Searching!!!
Trying to Buy Green is not always so easy on the pockets......
I am still searching for my couch. I didn't get much accomplished much this weekend as far as looking for my couch. Instead we spent the weekend hanging out in the Mountains and visiting friends on the river. I did though find some beautiful eco-friendly options online but the issue always is with the price. I mean I have been eco-friendly before the words were even used outside of my tree-hugger world. My business was started with this as a major factor before mainstream retail world began using the term. But purchasing green furniture is just so darn expensive. Here is what I found this weekend that I really love and sort of similiar to the other one from last week, but really can't afford.

The Santa Barbara Sofa combines contemporary design, comfort, and ecological intelligence. Designer Robert Craymer utilizes natural and organic materials to create his innovative, eco-friendly furniture collection. The sofa frame is made of FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certifed wood. The springs and screws are made of recycled steel. All glues and stains are non-toxic, water-based and formaldehyde-free. The cushions are made of natural latex wrapped in 100% organic wool and organic cotton with pillows of natural feathers. A wide range of upholstery options are available using natural fabrics such as cotton, linen, hemp, and bamboo.- Made in the USA- @vivavi.com .WHAT MAKES IT GREEN:- FSC certified wood frame- Recycled steel hardware- Non-toxic, water-based finish and adhesives- Natural latex cushions in organic wrap- All natural upholstery optionsPrice:$5,600.00

No comments: