Tuesday, June 23, 2009






















New Stuff @ Botany's...Botanical Inspired
Beautiful New Jewelry from a fellow West Indian. This island girl from Barbados sure has some serious skills in design and craftsmanship.
A little bit about her work:

"A little about me & my work:Though I am self-taught, all of my jewelry is made with the finest workmanship possible: I personally make every item myself, as if for myself. Working in this way, I can be assured that my creations meet my own personal standards before leaving my hands. I pay attention to my tools and techniques, and strive to broaden & perfect my skills on a daily basis. All of my raw metals (wire, sheet, etc.) are recycled/reclaimed metal, and I never use any harsh chemicals during the fabrication process. I use liver of sulfur to oxidize (darken) metal, citric acid "pickle" to clean the metal after using the torch, and a mixture of hydrogen peroxide & vinegar for matte finishes. It brings me such pleasure to bring beauty into other people's lives by way of my little creations. I try to reflect this through my work, and it ends up that a bit of my heart goes out with each piece I create".
These are being made for our shop as I write this and should be in shortly. Limited amounts available as these are custom hand made pieces.
What do you think about them?




No comments: