Tuesday, April 28, 2009




Sunset Magazine I LOVE YOU...........

Well it has been a few months since one of my favorite magazine- Domino Magazine closed up shop. Once a month I feel at a lost every when I get to the shop and look through the glass door and see all my mail thrown on the floor my our postal delivery lady and then quickly remember that my beautiful glossy magazine is not waiting for me to pick it up.

I am slowly accepting this loss as the days go by. I spend many hours a week going through the 26 copies I kept from the last 3 years. But today something sweet happened. I arrived at work and opened the door to the shop and the latest issue of Sunset Magazine was waiting for me. I was so thrilled. I could not wait to get the alarm on, turn the lights on, open the shades and all the other things I have to do every morning to prepare the shop for opening. I skipped checking messages and watering the plants. I had to sit down and look at my magazine. Well an hour later I was just thrilled. I realized how much I really love Sunset Magazine as well.

I realized that the problem was that I had different opinions about the two magazines. I never thought of Sunset as a shelter magazine. I love the garden designs, I like the recipes and the travel destinations they would feature but it was not my go to magazine. I realized that I had never fully appreciated all of its other attributes. Well today I have found my new Domino. It has been replaced with Sunset Magazine. While it may not have some of the cool design features that Domino had, it will for sure fill that void I have felt for the last couple of months.

Thank you Sunset Magazine for being there for me just when I needed you.
The above images are from http://www.Sunset.com. The images are examples of how to be creative and use simple ideas and items you may already have in your home to create new and useful decorative pieces.
Turn a scavenged piece of driftwood found shore-side into an organic modern entryway rack.
Use champagne flutes as vases and use old wrapping paper to creative beautiful place mats.

No comments: