Thursday, July 01, 2010










lottahelleberg's Profile

More Aug/Fall Preview:

From her website:


Bio
Intricate, complex, fragile, resilient, coarse, smooth, bold and delicate – leaves are the true inspiration for all of my creations.

"My name is Lotta Helleberg, and I am a Swedish native and graphic designer with a passionate interest in botany, gardening and sewing, who founded my design studio Inleaf in 2003. My endeavor is truly a labor of love, from the first inspirational idea through the many steps that are attentively completed before the finished product is presented.

Luxurious natural fabrics are washed and dyed with eco friendly fiber reactive dyes, non-toxic paints are blended to just that perfect shade, and the leaves are collected and cleaned. Then comes the printing - the most exhilarating part of the process - where the leaves, compliant and faithful, help me create magical imagery by serving as ever-changing printing plates. After steaming the fabric, to make the paint colorfast, the construction takes part in my studio, where threads and vintage linings are equally carefully considered.

The result is a collection of lovely objects that brings the deceivingly simple beauty of nature into everyday life. Each piece is meant to be used, shared, and cherished. Enjoy!

No comments: