Wednesday, July 16, 2008

THE WONDERFUL VETIVER

This just made my day. The UPS man showed up today with my order of vetiver rugs from Bali. I could smell the delicious natural aroma instantly as he walked into the store. I found these while on my buying trip to NYC earlier this month. I have always admired this unusual grass for its rich somewhat masculine earthy scent.

For several centuries vetiver has been commercially cultivated for the scented oil that can be distilled from its roots. This is a treasured ingredient in some of the world's best-known perfumes and soaps and, largely because of its potential as an export commodity, vetiver can be found in at least 70 nations but only a handful of countries produce the oil commercially. The grass is best known for its use for areas with soil erosion problems. These naturally beautiful mats may be used in any room in your home and the natural scent is really soothing and calming to the senses. If the scent begins to fade after a while just wet them and let them naturally dry and the scent comes right back.

Personally, I have been using vetiver for many years. My families French West-Indian background is the reason I was introduced to this wonderful plant. Many years ago when I started making my own natural skin and body care products from home, I began experimenting with several perfume blends using vetiver as the top note. I would blend it with other essential oils such as grapefruit, patchouli, rose, vanilla and tangerine. Since opening the boutique back in 2003 I really have not had the time to spend blending oils and making product. I do feel quite inspired now for some reason to go mix up some great body butter or bath salts with a wonderful oil blend with of course some vetiver oil in it. So make sure to return to see what I may come up with shortly.

Vetiver mats are available now for only $69.00. They are a pretty large size. I am willing to mail these to our customers that are located out of Ridgecrest, CA area.

No comments: